The Future


I once read that you should take each day as comes. I never fully realised what that meant until I managed to get my head straight again after my Implant on 20/01/09. A massive reduction in Oral Painkillers! I now can take each day as it comes, as the brain is working again!
Some days are bad (physically) and some not so bad. But each day is an adventure and I intend to make the most of it, no matter how I'm feeling. Another saying may be applicable - Don't let the bastards get you down! I will not let my handicap get me down.
I now find myself looking forwards to each day, no matter how I'm feeling, as it's pointless looking back, so I'm taking each day as it comes. The Good and the bad.
Pain Scores are all measured out of 10. With 0 being no pain and 10 being the worst pain imaginable.


Monday, 11 October 2010

Funny Weekend!

Pain Level at this time is 4

Not a bad start to the weekendas I woke up on Saturday feeling pretty good. The pain was a bare 2 and I have not had that for quite some. All bodes well for later as I was due to be going out with the lads that night! I went out with Denise for the day and when she went looking for new curtains for the sitting room (The old ones are over 25 years old and Denise thinks that it would be nice for a change). While she did that I went by myself to do the food shopping. Good one. On the way home got a slight twitch, but that was OK as it didn't get a grip. I may be lucky this weekend.

Went out with Mike, Phil and Dave. Paid for the Whiskey Dave got me from Scotland. Snice... We had a good time at the White Owl. I picked up Dave and Mike and was really pleased with the place. We decided not to wind Phil up this time and to be just nice normal people. I think that was the best windup we have ever done on him. He was really perplexed by it all and asked Dave what was going on at the end of the night. Talk about a laugh!

When I got home Denise was still up so we stayed up to watch Strictly, I was crying at the antics of Ann and Anton, and didn't go to bed until almost 2:00am. The latest to bed for about 5 years. I didn't get up until 8 the next morning. Some sort of record. Good weekend so far.

On Sunday lunch time got sorted for the Club, but the back must have had enough of me being happy and enjoying myself.  I had a bad twinge and it peaked at 5. I still got ready with Denise telling me that I could wait and that was the reason for phones.... I ignored her advice and left to pick up Stewie. Bad mistake as I ended having to turn around at the 'big' roundabout. I got back and had to ask Mike to pick up Stewie.

That afternoon Denise went to her Mam and Dads for tea, but I had to stay home again. Never mind, saved me from having to go... :-)

Got a call from Mike later to tell me what had been going on at the club. I was pleased for that as I had really wanted to go, but then again, what can you say...

Back to Faustus today almost finished! Surprised at how much I enjoyed it...

No comments:

Post a Comment