Pain Level at this time is 3
This has been a strange week! Good game last Sunday at the club, but I couldn't manage Tuesday as the back didn't want to go out! However the studies have come together well as I have sent in my first OU assignment over a week early and I'm quite pleased with that.
The Health has been very variable during the week and I have been able to work one day, but not the next. My feelings of cold have been quite serious! The slightest cold on the back and I am laid up, for hours! In the end I have had to start buying Thermal Underwear! Sexy or what?
One final thing this week that has really upset me. Because of my isolation from the world of work I have a pretty crappy social life. One thing that has been brillient over the last year or so has been monthly Pub jaunts with four of us in attendance. A genuine 'mates' night out. Or so I thought. I was shocked to find one of our number feels unable to attend any further nights as he cannot stand the way we behave! Except the rest of us take the jibes and just dish it back. No problem. I was amazed to discover that a 'good friend' could not tell other 'good friends' that he was having a problem and wanted them to calm it a bit... I could never be like that, as I have to call it like it is...
Ah well, who needs a social life?
Well I do actually so I am really upset by this! But then again, that's life!
An ex Lab Technician, Production Control Engineer, TA Soldier, Cook, Electronics Maintenance Engineer and Teacher. Now I'm an Arts student with the Open University. I never expected that.
The Future
I once read that you should take each day as comes. I never fully realised what that meant until I managed to get my head straight again after my Implant on 20/01/09. A massive reduction in Oral Painkillers! I now can take each day as it comes, as the brain is working again!
Some days are bad (physically) and some not so bad. But each day is an adventure and I intend to make the most of it, no matter how I'm feeling. Another saying may be applicable - Don't let the bastards get you down! I will not let my handicap get me down.
I now find myself looking forwards to each day, no matter how I'm feeling, as it's pointless looking back, so I'm taking each day as it comes. The Good and the bad.
Pain Scores are all measured out of 10. With 0 being no pain and 10 being the worst pain imaginable.
No comments:
Post a Comment