The Future


I once read that you should take each day as comes. I never fully realised what that meant until I managed to get my head straight again after my Implant on 20/01/09. A massive reduction in Oral Painkillers! I now can take each day as it comes, as the brain is working again!
Some days are bad (physically) and some not so bad. But each day is an adventure and I intend to make the most of it, no matter how I'm feeling. Another saying may be applicable - Don't let the bastards get you down! I will not let my handicap get me down.
I now find myself looking forwards to each day, no matter how I'm feeling, as it's pointless looking back, so I'm taking each day as it comes. The Good and the bad.
Pain Scores are all measured out of 10. With 0 being no pain and 10 being the worst pain imaginable.


Sunday, 22 August 2010

Day out

After the fun and games last night, more about that later, we are going to an NHS phun day at Gosforth Park Race Course. I'm 'quite' looking forward to it.
Last night was great, from 7 until about 10:20, when we were suddenly introduced to a nice man who really liked my shirt as he used to have one just like it. Except his had some lettering on the breast that said 'HMPS'. NICE or what?
There is something I really enjoy about sitting in company with a drunken, psychopathic bully, full of pent up rage and anger, who is looking for a fight. It is at times like these when the wheelchair becomes useful as a diffusing device. However when it came time to go I was worried about leaving the others there, so I ended up staying longer than intended.
Surprising that the pain score is so low today, after late to bed and not sleeping so well. But then again I did sleep in until almost 7:30 today, so that helped.

No comments:

Post a Comment