The Future


I once read that you should take each day as comes. I never fully realised what that meant until I managed to get my head straight again after my Implant on 20/01/09. A massive reduction in Oral Painkillers! I now can take each day as it comes, as the brain is working again!
Some days are bad (physically) and some not so bad. But each day is an adventure and I intend to make the most of it, no matter how I'm feeling. Another saying may be applicable - Don't let the bastards get you down! I will not let my handicap get me down.
I now find myself looking forwards to each day, no matter how I'm feeling, as it's pointless looking back, so I'm taking each day as it comes. The Good and the bad.
Pain Scores are all measured out of 10. With 0 being no pain and 10 being the worst pain imaginable.


Friday, 20 August 2010

My Potted History.

Born in 58 (Yes that old), I was not to discover that others where different to me until I was in my 20's. I was born with a back problem that causes pain after exercise. As a child I ran, climbed and did all the usual things. As I got older I was into Athletics, Rugby, Judo and Ballroom Dancing. I also got involved with Drama before leaving school at 16 to do an Engineering Apprenticeship. I was already with my beloved by this time, after 'going out' with each other since the age of 14.
By the time we Married I was starting to have a few health problems which got all mixed up with the hospital visits that never gave a definitive answer. Eventually I had an x-ray that seemed to show something on my spine and thankfully a diagnoses finally arrived. Congenital Spondylolitheses. Nice, not!
I was then able to understand that others did not have the pain I was feeling. It was not a normal side effect of exercise.
Eventually I was unable to walk properly and had to have a Fusion of the spine.I was told that I would end up in a wheelchair eventually, but that was 15 or so away. I managed just over 20 before the hateful day.
During that time we have had a family and I have worked in various industries, but eventually ended as a Teacher of Physics, until I was no longer able to work.
I'm now starting the new part of my life, by starting a degree with the Open University in History. Just for a change...

2 comments:

  1. Phil,

    This is a truly interesting blog spot. It tells quite a lot about you.

    Was it difficult to set up the format for this or did Michael help you?

    Marra, Mimi in the USA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just went to blogspot and signed up, chose the one I wanted as a template and here I am. Give it a go Marra.

    ReplyDelete