The Future


I once read that you should take each day as comes. I never fully realised what that meant until I managed to get my head straight again after my Implant on 20/01/09. A massive reduction in Oral Painkillers! I now can take each day as it comes, as the brain is working again!
Some days are bad (physically) and some not so bad. But each day is an adventure and I intend to make the most of it, no matter how I'm feeling. Another saying may be applicable - Don't let the bastards get you down! I will not let my handicap get me down.
I now find myself looking forwards to each day, no matter how I'm feeling, as it's pointless looking back, so I'm taking each day as it comes. The Good and the bad.
Pain Scores are all measured out of 10. With 0 being no pain and 10 being the worst pain imaginable.


Tuesday, 31 August 2010

Nisey back to work!

Pain Level at this time is 3.

Yesterday was a really lovely day. We just sat and enjoyed some programs we wanted to see and talked a bit, generally enjoying the day as a whole. A bit of a tidy up and later, Denise did the usual magic trick. She was able to find a bar of chocolate that had magically appeared from that tame 'Black Hole' that she keeps tethered in the bedroom. I'm not privy to the placement of this amazing phenomena, but in the past I have seen it produce, biscuits, sweets, cakes. but mostly that wonderful material that we both enjoy eating, Chocolate!

I got up at three and decided to try going back to bed after half an hour. It worked as I went back without the CPAP Breathing machine. I slept until just after 6:00am. Hoorah!

The Boss is back to work today after the Bank Holiday. I am going to try and sort things to make studying easier for me. So I'll have to tackle some of the accrued rubbish in the back room and the 'Sun Room' at the back of the Garage. Oh joy!

I am going to continue with the library work at the OU to get myself in a position to do the actual course content without any concerns about peripheral parts. However I am still working with the Mac and have not yet heard back from the OU about the equipment that has been recommended for me. If I have not heard by Friday I will be contacting them directly. Just one more brick in the building that is required before Phil becomes an 'Historian'! LOL :-)
Seems impossible.... But what the hey?

No comments:

Post a Comment