Pain Level at this time is 3.
I have had more than just a busy day I had a busy day and a half in fact! On Thursday afternoon I had the fun of the Trick Cyclist, who has said that a definitive diagnosis of being an aspie is impossible for an adult who has learned all the coping strategies that an adult can. But the tests and the descriptions I have had applied, point to a 99% certainty of me being on the Autsitic spectrum. The doc agrees!
An aspie I must be, an aspie I must be, eee-o me daddy-o, an aspie I must be...
The Doc explains the fact that I am very high functioning. The signs and symptoms that Denise, Mike and Hayley have all noticed in the past, well basically the diagnosis did not come as any sort of surprise!
Yesterday morning I left early to go to the hospital for my 'Top up'! I got there earlier then expected and was able to get the one handicapped bay by the front door. I went into the new building to ward 16. Quite a push in the wheelchair. The ward was empty and the door locked. I was a bit annoyed. I rang the Pain number and got through to the ward clerk who came up to show me the way back to ward 39. They had not bothered to inform me of the move back...
I was settled in quite early and saw Doctor Wilkinson. I asked if I could be scheduled as soon as possible as he told me I was first on the list and everything was sorted. I was happy with that, but I had obviously forgotten about the luck of the Nelson!
About 20 minutes after the first talk we had the second. The department had mixed up the order and the Morphine was not ready for the procedure. I had to be back home for the Barry Bennet delivery, from 12 noon to 2. I was a bit pissed to say the least and ended up coming home. If I could get sorted then get back before 12:30 they could sort me on the morning list. Fine! However if I waited later I might have to wait until the end of the afternoon list, 6 or even later... Great fun. Especially since I had been up since 6:00am and I had also been on the road since 7:30!
I was lucky to get help from Mike and got back just in time to go down for the morning list.
Lying on the table in the operating room I knew I had some time before I could get back home but wanted to reduce the time if I could, so I asked for the procedure to go ahead without local. Not a problem until the needle got bent against the pump. He had to feel around for the correct position three times. between attempts straightening the needle. However half an hour later I was leaving the ward for the car, feeling a little bit on the sore side. LOL!
Got home two minutes before the delivery. Everything fine apart from the fact that the PC is driveless. How do you load software? How do you play CD's DVD's etc? I have applied to the OU and the DSA people for an answer. Seems silly to be in this position. New puter, but basically a glorified type writer, when it could be so much more...
Never mind, Mike bought me a Pizza, so I'm a happy chappy. The pain did peak yesterday at a 5 for an hour or two. One of lifes little pleasures.
An ex Lab Technician, Production Control Engineer, TA Soldier, Cook, Electronics Maintenance Engineer and Teacher. Now I'm an Arts student with the Open University. I never expected that.
The Future
I once read that you should take each day as comes. I never fully realised what that meant until I managed to get my head straight again after my Implant on 20/01/09. A massive reduction in Oral Painkillers! I now can take each day as it comes, as the brain is working again!
Some days are bad (physically) and some not so bad. But each day is an adventure and I intend to make the most of it, no matter how I'm feeling. Another saying may be applicable - Don't let the bastards get you down! I will not let my handicap get me down.
I now find myself looking forwards to each day, no matter how I'm feeling, as it's pointless looking back, so I'm taking each day as it comes. The Good and the bad.
Pain Scores are all measured out of 10. With 0 being no pain and 10 being the worst pain imaginable.
No comments:
Post a Comment