Pain Level at this time is 4.
I didn't get up until 7:30 today. Feeling well rested, but the Right arm is still hurting and causing problems with the wheelchair. I can't self propel much at this time so I will have to take denise out with me for the shopping. I have no other choice.
Yesterday I called the OU. It seems the Disabled Student Allowance ( DSA ) that I applied for is sorted by central government. This is all taken care of centrally, but the OU has it's own office dealing with DSA at MK. It is the largest and most diverse university in the country and therefore has some of the highest numbers spread out over a very wide geographical area.
The woman I talked to was able to get back to me an hour after our conversation. I am accepted and the letter telling me so should be with me by the end of next week. All I really want is for the equipment to be with me sooner rather than later so I can get to grips with it! It would be better to learn and train before the course starts rather than trying to do so once the course itself starts. Well, we'll just have to wait and see.
I'm hoping that if I'm careful then the right shoulder may improve today. It means I have to be careful with the way I move etc, but to be honest I get bored not being able to do certain things... It's bad enough being in the wheelchair, but with the arms effected as well, I am somewhat P!$$&D.
An ex Lab Technician, Production Control Engineer, TA Soldier, Cook, Electronics Maintenance Engineer and Teacher. Now I'm an Arts student with the Open University. I never expected that.
The Future
I once read that you should take each day as comes. I never fully realised what that meant until I managed to get my head straight again after my Implant on 20/01/09. A massive reduction in Oral Painkillers! I now can take each day as it comes, as the brain is working again!
Some days are bad (physically) and some not so bad. But each day is an adventure and I intend to make the most of it, no matter how I'm feeling. Another saying may be applicable - Don't let the bastards get you down! I will not let my handicap get me down.
I now find myself looking forwards to each day, no matter how I'm feeling, as it's pointless looking back, so I'm taking each day as it comes. The Good and the bad.
Pain Scores are all measured out of 10. With 0 being no pain and 10 being the worst pain imaginable.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment