The Future


I once read that you should take each day as comes. I never fully realised what that meant until I managed to get my head straight again after my Implant on 20/01/09. A massive reduction in Oral Painkillers! I now can take each day as it comes, as the brain is working again!
Some days are bad (physically) and some not so bad. But each day is an adventure and I intend to make the most of it, no matter how I'm feeling. Another saying may be applicable - Don't let the bastards get you down! I will not let my handicap get me down.
I now find myself looking forwards to each day, no matter how I'm feeling, as it's pointless looking back, so I'm taking each day as it comes. The Good and the bad.
Pain Scores are all measured out of 10. With 0 being no pain and 10 being the worst pain imaginable.


Friday, 3 September 2010

Feeling low

Pain Level at this time is 5.

I want to do something about my pain, but I can't. I woke up yesterday feeling sore but not bad. However the worst thing imaginable happened. I have the problem with the legs due to my back, and I have a problem with my left arm since the accident. Then the best thing imaginable happened, I strained my right hand shoulder. Oh joy!

To say this is a bad start to the day would be an understatement! I am frustrated about the health and the assessment from the OU has not helped. I have been recommended as a student with special needs, but I don't seem able to find anyone able to help me. I sent an e-mail and all that came back was the fact that it is being passed on to the correct people. Who? Where? When?

I am also a bit down about the mental health assessment. I am disgruntled that I may not be able to get the diagnoses I want. I really just want a definitive answer to my concerns. Without that one thing I feel that I will end up in a kind of limbo...

Check list for today.
1. Make the right arm better! (I don't know how, but I will try)
2. Get my head straight. (see 1.)
3. what to do about the OU? Contact the assessor!
4. Remember that we are going out tonight, so I have something to look forward too.

No comments:

Post a Comment